Coronavirus (COVID-19): Updated information and associated additional T&C’s: 15/10/2020
As always the health of our employees, our owners, the local community and you, our guests, is of the highest priority to us and we are therefore continuing the policies and precautions laid out below. This situation is changing regularly and we are constantly monitoring it, following guidance from the government, FCO and The Department for Health and Social Care in order to make sure our policies are fully up to date at all times. We are incredibly busy so we do ask for patience if you are unable to get an immediate response from us.
‘The 3 Tiers’
- From October 12th 2020 the ‘3 Tier’ regulation came in to place in England. For clarity below are the guidelines relating to travel within the UK and overnight stays for each tier.
- Tier 1: No change from previous legislation the ‘Rule of Six’ – link to legislation: www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1103
- Tier 2: Travel for overnight stays in an indoor environment is permitted but now limited to one household and/or linked households including support bubbles – link to legislation: www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1104 and a link to legislation on linked households: www.legislation.gov.uk/nisr/2020/150/linked-households
- Tier 3: Travel for overnight stays is restricted for those living in Tier 3 areas – link to legislation: www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/1105/made
- If you have an existing booking with us and your booking is affected by the new legislation as laid out above and you are due to arrive within the next 8 weeks please contact us to discuss the options available – 01263 741777 – [email protected]
‘Rule of Six’
- From September 14th 2020 the ‘Rule of Six’ regulation came into place in England meaning parties of 7 or over are forbidden to meet up either indoors or outdoors. Unfortunately this means that our properties which sleep 7 or more will be restricted to an occupancy rate of 6 until this regulation is lifted.
- If you would like to book a stay in one of these properties within the next 6 weeks we are offering low occupancy discounts based on no more than 6 people staying and only 3 bedrooms being used. Please contact us for details – 01263 741777 – [email protected].
- If you have an existing booking in a larger property, your party size is over 6 people and you are due to arrive within the next 8 weeks please contact us to discuss the options available – 01263 741777 – [email protected]
Here is a link to the full new ‘Rule of Six’ legislation: www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2020/986/pdfs/uksi_20200986_en.pdf
Changes implemented in reaction to COVID-19.
With the health of our guests, owners, employees, owners, contractors, cleaners and the local community in mind we have now completed a total overhaul in the way our workplace and property management procedures work including a full re-working of our cleaning procedures. The changes we are making to ensure we are operating in a safe and correct way in this situation are too extensive to post online but below is an outline:
Changes in our places of work.
At our Blakeney Office we have:
- Undertaken a full risk assessment to ensure we are working within the government guidelines we have been given to re-open safely.
- Applied of the correct signs and stickers on the walls and floor to ensure visitors to the office follow social distancing guidelines.
- Installed a fixed hand sanitizer station just inside the office door.
- Installed a Perspex screen on the reception desk.
- Provide the relevant PPE for our booking office employees.
- Provide hand sanitiser on all desks.
- Created an enhanced daily cleaning regime and have introduced ‘clean desk’ policy in place to reduce any risk of infection.
- Temperature test all employees each morning.
- Work towards getting a percentage of employees working from home more permanently.
It is a similar case at our facilities office at Bayfield Brecks where a full risk assessment has been carried our and measures already put in to place including:
- A fixed timetable with allocated times each cleaning contractor can visit our facilities unit to collect linen bags etc.
- Strict limits on the numbers allowed in the unit at any given time.
- Provision and strict use of PPE.
- A one way system within the unit to encourage and promote social distancing.
- A new filing system to avoid cross-contamination.
- The installation of externally based linen ‘bins’ for the return of used linen. These bins will be thoroughly cleaned with EN14476 certified anti-viral disinfectant between collections.
- Perspex screening between desks.
- An enhanced daily cleaning regime and ‘clean desk’ policy to reduce any risk of infection.
- Employees having their own designated work vehicles which will be sanitized daily.
- The provision of hand sanitiser and a stock of relevant PPE in all vehicles.
- The provision of hand sanitiser on all desks.
- Temperature testing all employees/cleaners/contactors before entry.
- Working towards a percentage of employees working from home more permanently.
The hand sanitiser we will be using across both offices, our linen/facilities unit and in all properties will be over 70% alcohol and both EN1276 and EN14476 certified.
At all times we will be adhering to the government guidelines outlined in the documents:
- • Working safely during COVID-19 in offices and contact centres
- • Working safely during COVID-19 in factories, plants and warehouses
- • Working safely during COVID-19 in vehicles.
We will constantly monitor and review all procedures to ensure they are always up to date with guidance and as efficient as possible.
New cleaning and linen procedures and additional preventative measures.
Following guidelines from Public Health England and recommendations from the CDC and the EPA we will be ensuring that all standard anti-bacterial multi-surface and kitchen sprays we use are replaced with an anti-viral disinfectant spray which is EN14476 certified. The bathroom spray and floor cleaners we currently use contain a higher than 0.5% bleach dilution which is the base level for effectively killing Coronavirus so we can continue using them.
The cleaning contractors we use will all have to follow new cleaning procedures that we are putting in place across the board. To help ensure all of the new measures we have put in place have been carried out the ‘team leader’ of each cleaning team will have to complete and sign an extensive checklist after cleaning each property before it is signed off. The following are some of the new procedures we will have in place:
- All cleaners will be temperature tested before starting work every day.
- The cleaners will have multiple items of full PPE (including footwear covers) which they will have to change after each property.
- Cleaners must use hand sanitizer before entering a property, every time they replace their gloves and when they leave the property.
- Cleaners to use the key safes at the properties. The key-safes and keys must be cleaned with anti-viral disinfectant before and after use.
- All properties will be aired during cleans (windows open to allow fresh air to circulate).
- Cleaners must follow ‘clean, then disinfect’ protocol.
- Gloves will be replaced between rooms within a property and changed immediately after ‘higher risk’ jobs like emptying bins and cleaning sanitary ware. Gloves will also be replaced after removing linen from a bed and before putting clean linen on.
- Bed linen to be removed carefully with no shaking and immediately sealed in a black plastic bag which will be put in the usual linen bag and then immediately removed from the property.
- Particular attention and time paid to all high touch areas such as light switches, TV remotes, door handles, small kitchen appliances, thermostats, taps etc. etc. (cleaners will be provided with a full list).
- Only cleaning products approved by Blakeney Cottage Company to be used in the properties. All products we are approving are either tested to EN14476 or contain over 0.5% bleach solution or over 70% alcohol.
- All soft furnishings lightly sprayed with an EN14476 certified anti-viral mist.
- Cleaning cloths to be disposed of and replaced between rooms.
- Vacuum cleaners to be emptied after every property.
- If re-usable micro-fibre cloths are used the contractor must ensure enough clean microfibre cloths are provided each day so they can be used on a ‘one room’ basis. They must be washed overnight in a 70+ degree wash before being used again.
- Cleaners will each concentrate on one room at a time and these rooms must be closed off once cleaned to ensure that the level of hygiene isn’t compromised.
We will continue to ensure that all properties a double checked by a Blakeney Cottage Company employee after the cleans are completed and before guest arrival. The property checker will have full PPE and will be given a new checklist based on the new protocol. Once they are satisfied that the properties are ready for guests they will leave a reassuring note for the guests with the welcome pack explaining our COVID preventative cleaning protocol and that the property has been independently inspected post-clean by a Blakeney Cottage Company employee.
We have been in communication with our linen providers who have been very helpful in providing us with all of the information we have asked for. To summarise:
- Guaranteed thermal disinfection of all linen and towels to UK healthcare standards in the wash process.
- Deep cleaning and disinfecting of all cages & lorries after use.
- Single driver contact always using the same vehicle.
- Contactless deliveries and collection – no signed paperwork.
- No stocktaking until further notice to reduce contact between their and our employees.
- Provision of appropriate PPE for their employees.
- Trade association compliant social distancing precautions in place on site and in factories
- Temperature checking anyone entering their sites on a daily basis.
- No customer or supplier visits to their sites except for contactless deliveries.
We are also asking for guests co-operation in regularly temperature testing during their stays and immediately departing the property and reporting to us if anyone in their party starts displaying COVID-19 symptoms. If we do get any such instances we will close the property down for 72 hours where we can – the property will then be professionally disinfected using a dry mist cold-fogging machine.
Employee, maintenance and contractor visits.
If an employee or maintenance contractor is required to visit a property during a guest stay we will arrange a ‘property visit window’ between the maintenance contractor and guest during which time the guests must not be in the property. Our contractors will follow much of the same relevant protocol as the cleaners:
- All employees will be temperature tested before starting work every day. All contractors will be made to self-temperature test.
- Employees/contractors will have multiple items of full PPE (including footwear covers) which they will have to change after each property.
- Employees/contractors must use hand sanitizer before entering a property, every time they replace their gloves and when they leave the property.
- Employees/contractors to use the key safes at the properties. The key-safes and keys must be cleaned with anti-viral cleaner before and after use.
- All properties will be aired during visits (windows open to allow fresh air to circulate in occupied room).
- Employees/contractors will be required to clean any areas they have touched during their visit with Blakeney Cottage Company approved products on departure.
- Employees/contractors will be requested to keep movement through the properties to a minimum.
It goes without saying that, whilst we are going to do as much as we can to minimise the risk of spreading Coronavirus, there is a certain amount of responsibility that our guests will have to take on board and adhere to. We are currently coming up with a ‘COVID-19 Spread Prevention’ list for our guests which we will send out once completed. This will cover points such as:
- Requesting guests ensure that all members of their party are temperature tested before they leave for their holiday.
- Ensuring that no-one in a guest party is showing any signs of Coronavirus prior to leaving for their holiday and only allowing them to come if they have tested negative.
- Explaining new measures in place to minimise contact e.g. use of key safes.
- Explaining that, should they need to contact us at any point during their stay it must be by phone, e-mail or chat group.
- Requesting that they regularly disinfect the properties during their stay using the Blakeney Cottage Company approved anti-viral cleaning products provided for them.
- Explaining the required regular use of the hand sanitizer dispenser provided in the property and suggesting that guests bring their own hand sanitizer for individual room.
- Requesting daily self-temperature testing during their stay.
- Requesting that all cutlery/crockery is put through the dishwasher on a hot wash between use and explaining the importance of putting all cutlery/crockery used through a hot wash on departure.
We feel that it is absolutely vital that guests show the same amount of responsibility and care that we are in order to prevent the spread of Coronavirus and hope that you are both supportive of and happy to adhere to these measures.
As always we will continue to monitor this ever-changing situation, react appropriately and keep you updated with any changes in policy as and when they happen. In the mean-time, we hope to be welcoming you to north Norfolk in the not too distant future!
Terms and Conditions:
We hope that you appreciate that we really do want you to have a very enjoyable holiday in our beautiful cottages. Our owners have taken great care to try to provide an excellent standard of accommodation and presentation. Our booking conditions are there to protect the trust the owners have placed in us and you, their guests. If you have any worries or concerns regarding these please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Blakeney Cottage Company Limited (Blakeney Cottage Co or BCC) acts as an agent for the owner of the property that you will be occupying and the following conditions form the basis of the contract between the property owner (“owner” or “we” or “us”) and you the Tenant (”tenant” or “you” or “your”). The owner hereby agrees to let the property to you on the following terms and conditions:
1) ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE TIMES All bookings with BCC are based on an arrival time of between 4pm and 5pm on the day of arrival and a departure time of 10am at the latest on the day of departure unless arranged separately. The tenant must not arrive early, unless previously arranged, as time is needed to thoroughly clean the property between lets. The tenant and their guests must leave the property by 10am on departure day for the same reason. If the housekeepers are delayed due to late departure of the tenant and their guests a late leaving charge of £25 will be applied. Keys are usually collected from our office at Blakeney, from a key safe at the property or by separate arrangement. Keys must be returned either to the office or key safe on the day of departure. Where properties use parking permits for public car parks these permits will be handed to the tenants on arrival at our office in Blakeney and must be returned to our office on departure. The parking permits are subject to a £25 charge if not returned to BCC on the day of departure, or if they are returned in a significantly damaged state.
2) CLEANING / REFUSE You must leave the property in the same state of cleanliness as you found it on arrival. If you fail to do so, we will charge you for any necessary additional cleaning and rubbish removal at the rates of £20 per hour plus £10 per sack or similar of rubbish disposed of. The refuse collection works on an alternate weekly collection of wheelie bins. There is a green bin for recyclable products and a grey bin for non-recyclable rubbish. The Council will not take the bins if the lids do not close. A full explanation of this system is at the house, but you should dispose of any excess rubbish prior to your departure or this will be charged at the above rates and recycle all bottles and glass yourselves. If your booking is for more than 7 nights we will provide a mid-stay clean and linen change for you. There will be a note in the property on your arrival to let you know the date of the mid-stay clean. During High and Peak season mid-stay cleans will take place on Thursdays or Mondays due to the amount of turnarounds the cleaners have to perform on Fridays and Saturdays.
3) LINEN/BEDDING Unless otherwise specified, all bed linen and bathroom towels are provided. Towels will be laid out in the house ready for your use. Please do not take extra towels / linen out of the linen cupboards or this will be charged extra. Where properties have Zip and Link beds we require at least 2 weeks notice of your decision on how you would like these beds made up. If we receive less than 2 weeks notice charges may apply. Please note that the towels provided should not be taken out of the house and any stains on towels or linen not removable by normal laundering will result in replacement towels or linen which will be charged for. Swimming towels and Cot bedding & linen are NOT supplied so please bring your own even if Blakeney Cottage Co is supplying a cot. If you have any allergies/preferences relating to bedding you must let us know when you book. Whilst the owners of some properties do provide both synthetic and feather bedding this cannot be guaranteed. If the owners of the property do not provide the bedding you require it can either be rented from ourselves (charges apply and at least 2 weeks notice is required) or you can provide your own.
4) DAMAGE Other than minor breakages i.e. the odd glass or piece of crockery, all breakages, losses or damage and other extra costs will be charged for. Any damage or malfunction of any aspect of the house should be notified to BCC and noted in the breakages book in the property at once to enable rectification to be carried out. The Owner accepts no liability for loss or damage to Tenants property or belongings including cars and contents.
5) HOW TO BOOK / PAYMENT Having checked with us on prices and availability, you must send us a completed Booking Form together with a deposit of 25% of the Rental cost or 100% if booking within eight weeks of your arrival date. Subject to availability, we will then confirm your booking to you. The balance is due no later than eight weeks from the start of your holiday. If we do not receive all amounts due in full and on time, we have the right to treat your booking as cancelled by you. In this case, all monies paid and/or due at that time will be retained by/must be paid to us. We may however refund such monies if an alternative letting is achieved for the property, taking account any losses incurred. Payment can be either by UK Cheque, BACS or Credit Card. Where a cheque is given, you agree to pay any further costs incurred covered in these conditions on notification to you of those costs in writing by BCC and the owner (or BCC acting on behalf of the owner) reserves the right to pursue you for such amounts.
6) PRICES Rental prices may increase/decrease at any time but not after your booking has been confirmed. Prices may be different from those advertised on our website for periods such as Christmas where an extra charge is levied. Blakeney Cottage Co charges an insurance/administration booking fee of £30 which is in addition to the prices shown in our advertising/website. Unless otherwise stated, prices include heating, electricity and water, the use of the property and contents. Heating thermostats are set at appropriate temperatures for the time of year. If you alter these and an excessive amount of fuel /electricity is used, we reserve the right to charge you an appropriate amount for this. Where there is a telephone available unrestricted, these operate on an “honesty policy” so please leave cash for your calls when you leave. Excess calls will be charged for. Dogs are accepted in certain properties by prior agreement at £20 each. Where Dogs are allowed please bring your own dog beds, towels and all necessary equipment to protect the cottage. You are to ensure that the dog is not allowed onto any furniture or in the bedrooms and that they are never left unattended at the property. All evidence of their stay both inside and out must be cleaned up by the guest. In cottages which do not accept dogs, we cannot guarantee that pets have never been in the property, so any pet related allergies should be brought to our attention before booking.
By The Owner/BCC. Should the owner or BCC have to make a significant change to or cancel your holiday for any reason, you will receive a full refund of all monies paid and the opportunity to rebook other dates at a reduced rate.
By The Tenant. If you cancel your booking within eight weeks of your holiday, a cancellation charge of 100% (if more than eight weeks 25%) of the total Rental cost will be payable by you. However, if we manage to re-let the Property for the same period you have booked, we will refund all monies you have paid except that the Owner shall be entitled to retain from the monies you have paid (or pursue you for if you have not yet paid) the difference between the amount received from the new Tenant (if less than that paid or payable by you) and the amount payable by you for the original booking. You have insurance through BCC please be aware of the ‘Key Facts’ however BCC recommends that you take out health and cancellation insurance and can give names of suitable insurance companies if required.
8) RIGHT OF ENTRY The Owner or representative of BCC reserves the right to enter the property at reasonable times to inspect the property and carry out both emergency repairs and normal maintenance including gardening etc or at anytime if there is cause for concern that the booking conditions are being broken.
9) SAFETY/BEHAVIOUR Your safety whilst staying in our properties is important to us. Whilst the Owner has taken every care to provide a safe environment, no liability is accepted for Injury to persons staying in our properties save where this can be shown to be as a result of the negligence of the owner. Guests are expected to behave in a circumspect manner at all times with regard to their and others safety and to abide by any house rules especially concerning rowdy behaviour and excessive noise. Parents are primarily responsible for the safety of Children and letting this house does not negate Parental responsibility. Some of the cottages have steep stairs, narrow stair treads and/or period/listed features which form part of their character, but may be considered by some as unsuitable for children, the elderly or physically impaired. If any aspect of safety causes concern to you or any member of your party, please contact Blakeney Cottage Co as soon as you read these conditions. We can then explain more fully the specific area of concern and if necessary try to find suitable alternative accommodation. It will be the responsibility of the person making the booking and in whose name the booking is held to ultimately decide if the property is suitable for the members of their party. Where stair gates are supplied, these are the responsibility of the parents to check and use correctly. Where they are not supplied these can normally be rented from BCC (see prices above). The Owner reserves the right to take any appropriate action, including immediate termination of the Tenancy (when no refunds will be made and the Owner will have no further liability to you) if the property, contents or its grounds are abused or misused or if the number of persons staying at the property exceeds the number stated on your booking form or exceeds the number stated by BCC to be the capacity of the property. Parties or gatherings including guests not staying at the property to be by arrangement with BCC only. Parking caravans or pitching tents is not permitted. Damage to the property as a result of the fault or abuse (wilful, negligent or otherwise) of the tenant will be fully charged including consequential loss re future lettings.
10) TENANTS PROPERTY/LOST PROPERTY In the event that an item is left behind you in the property, the tenant should inform BCC straight away so that the housekeeper can be aware and attempt to locate the missing property for you. BCC accept no responsibility if the item cannot be found. If the item is found BCC will return left items by post on request, but a £15 minimum charge will apply to cover administration, packing & postage.
11) INTERNET AND TELEPHONE All BCC properties offer free wireless internet access and many properties have land line telephones. The availability of these services are entirely dependent on the supplier (e.g British Telecom) and cannot be guaranteed by either BCC or the owner. Events entirely out of the control of BCC or the owner can cause failure and therefore in the event of failure, neither BCC or the owners can be held responsible and will not be liable to make compensation payments.
12) COMPLAINTS If you have any complaints concerning the property or service received by BCC/property owner, please inform BCC/property owner immediately (within 24 hours) allowing the complaint to be corrected at the earliest opportunity. The tenant should always raise any complaints with BCC/property owner during their stay, as BCC/property owner cannot properly investigate any complaints made at a later time. Please check that the cleanliness of the cottage is to your satisfaction on arrival as cleaning complaints can only be responded to if notified within 2 hours of arrival. Whilst we make every effort to ensure that your stay is to your utmost satisfaction, we cannot accept responsibility for noise or nuisance caused by neighbouring properties including unsociable occupants, village events or building works where this is out of the direct control of BCC but we will make every effort to mitigate these where we can. Some of our properties are in a rural country area. Tenants must expect the presence of rabbits, pigeons, pheasants, insects and such like, the noise/smell of machinery tending to adjacent land and the occasional inherent noise/smell of rural agriculture/livestock. There is little that can be done to resolve such nuisance/inconvenience and must be accepted by Tenants as an inherent part of rural life. Our properties are constantly being improved by our owners so we cannot guarantee that furnishings, decoration and facilities will be exactly as per the photos or specification on our website/literature.
13) FORCE MAJEURE Except where otherwise expressly stated in these booking conditions, the Owner or BCC can accept no liability where the performance or prompt performance of the Owners or BCC’s contractual obligations is prevented or affected by, or you otherwise suffer any damage or loss as a result of “Force Majeure”. In these Booking Conditions “Force Majeure” means any event which the Owner could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or threat of war, riot, civil strife, actual or threatened terrorist activity, pandemic, industrial dispute, natural or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, power outages, flooding, fire and all similar events outside our control.
14) NOTES Please note that unless dedicated parking is specified in the cottage details we cannot guarantee parking – there are usually spaces to be found either in the village car parks or on the lanes. Please also note that whilst North Norfolk is an unspoilt and peaceful holiday destination, it is also a ‘living village’ for those who live her all year round and there are occasional village activities; wedding celebrations, concerts, the yearly regatta and funfair etc which are all part of village life and we have no control over. Where properties have log burners/open fires fuel is not usually provided – do contact us for more details on individual properties where we will be glad to advise to the best of our knowledge. Please note – where mattress sizes are stated the width of them is as follows; Small single 75cm (2″6), Single 90cm (3″), Small double 120cm (4″), Double 135cm (4″6), King-Size 150cm (5″), Super King 180cm (6″).
15) SPECIAL OFFERS Please note that when we have more than one special offer on bookings available at any given time they cannot be used in conjunction with each other.
We absolutely respect your right to privacy. Our overall aim is to ensure that our collection and use of personal information is appropriate to the provision of services to you and our clients and is in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
- Who we are
- The personal information we collect about you
- How we store, use and share your personal information for our core business
- How we might otherwise share your personal information and who we share it with
- Data Retention
- Your rights
- Third party sites
Who we are:
The Blakeney Cottage Company Limited is the data controller of the personal information that we collect from you. It is a company registered in England and Wales (registration number 2905848), whose registered office is at 19 Rutland Terrace, Stamford, PE9 2QD.
The personal information we collect about you:
If you are letting or are seeking to let your property, we will usually collect your name, contact details, bank account details in order to pay you the income generated by your property and information on your property required to optimise its marketing through our sites.
If you are (or work for) a supplier to The Blakeney Cottage Company, then we will collect the minimum amount of business specific personal data, usually; your name, business role and business contact details to enable us to manage the business relationship.
If you are, or work for, a business customer of The Blakeney Cottage Company, then we will collect the minimum amount of business specific personal data, usually your name, business role and business contact details to enable us to manage the business relationship.
How we store, use and share your personal information for our core business
Individuals who rent, or enquire about, a property:
We collect, store and use your personal details as outlined above for our legitimate business interests so that we can fulfil both your immediate and any potential future holiday booking or enquiry needs.
This storage and use of your personal information allows you to be contacted about both your current booking or enquiry and also allows us to update you with offers, opportunities and developments which could be both interesting and beneficial to you. We do not believe that this storage and use of personal information will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.
Given that we act as an agent between the ‘guest’ and the ‘owner’ of the property, we will only share the minimum amount of your personal information with the ‘owner’ as required to either secure your holiday booking or answer your holiday enquiry. Additionally, should you request that we pass on supplementary information that you wish to provide to the ‘owner’ then we will do so and will only hold that information on your behalf as part of your booking record.
Individuals on and who join our mailing list:
We collect, store and use your personal details as outlined above so that we can contact you with details of our properties, services, offers and other marketing items which we believe will be of interest or potential benefit. You can remove your consent at any time using the unsubscribe button on any of our e mail communications to you.
Individuals who let, or seek to let, a property:
We collect, store and use your personal details as outlined above for our legitimate business interests so that we can market and let your property.
This storage and use of your personal information allows you to be contacted about both your current booking or enquiry and also allows us to update you with offers, opportunities and developments which could be both interesting and beneficial to you. We do not believe that this storage and use of personal information will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.
We collect, store and use the business contact details of individuals working with our business partners for our legitimate business interests in maintaining and managing the commercial relationship between The Blakeney Cottage Company and its commercial suppliers and customers. We do not believe that this storage and use will unduly prejudice the rights or freedoms of these individuals.
All other users of the website and our services:
We collect, store and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to make the site available to you; and
- to provide any services that you request.
Sometimes, our use of your personal information is for purposes which are ancillary to the provision of the sites and services, or which are desirable in order to make them to operate more effectively. In those circumstances, we believe we have a legitimate business interest in handling your personal information, and do not believe that this storage and use of your personal information will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.
The relevant circumstances are:
- detecting and preventing fraud;
- keeping our websites, apps, products and IT systems secure;
- ensuring that our own processes, procedures and systems are as efficient as possible;
- analysing and enhancing the information that we collect;
- determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising; and
- if you have joined our mailing list and you have given us your consent, contacting you (including by SMS and e-mail) with products and services which we think may interest you.
- In some, relatively limited, circumstances we need to handle your personal information in a certain way to be able to comply with our legal obligations – for example: if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or if we need to demonstrate our compliance with applicable law such as any tax and national insurance legislation relating to the payment of personal service company contractors and immigration law.
We also collect anonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of generating site statistics, reporting purposes or improving our website and marketing effectiveness. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
How we might otherwise share your personal information and who we share it with:
We will disclose information under the following circumstances:
- Third-party service providers: When we share information with third-party service companies for them to facilitate or to provide certain services on our behalf. This will include:
IT support service providers, third-party service providers who track our customers’ use of the sites and our services for us.
These companies are contracted to use your personal information only as necessary to provide the relevant services to us and are required to maintain full security and confidentiality.
- Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified by email and/or a prominent notice on our sites of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering the sites, tracking users’ movements around the sites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
We employ comprehensive, reasonable and appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the personal information we process. This includes organisational security (passwords and access controls), physical security (data centre protection) and IT security (encryption). Please note that no transmission over the Internet can ever be guaranteed secure and as a consequence please note that we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information that you transfer over the Internet to us.
We retain information (including personal information) for a sufficient time period to allow us to provide our services. The only exceptions are in cases where we need to keep limited personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve ongoing disputes, or enforce our agreements.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. You have the right to request that we:
- provide access to any personal information we hold about you;
- update any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any personal information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your personal information;
- prevent the processing of your personal information for direct marketing purposes;
- provide your personal information to a third-party provider of services;
- provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you; or
- consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within any time period required by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain personal information may be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances. If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
Third party sites